Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
08 December 2014

1910 – Proposal for Department Store, Alexandria, Egypt

Architect: Adolf Loos Unbuilt proposal for a department store. This project was a particular favourite of Loos, with a watercolour rendering of the design hanging in his residence for many years.

08 December 2014

1973 – Western Tangent Ring Road, Dublin

Architect: R. Travers Morgan & Partners Illustrations to demonstrate the effect of the Western Tangent Road as suggested by the 1973 Central Dublin Traffic Plan by R. Travers Morgan & Partners. Designed to...

05 December 2014

1804 – Charitable Infirmary, 14 Jervis St., Dublin

The hospital was founded by six Dublin surgeons as the Charitable Infirmary in Cook St., Dublin, in 1718, at their own expense. Ten years later they moved to a larger premises on King’s...

05 December 2014

1916 – Fr. Mathew Square, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Housing scheme for Dublin Corporation by the City Architect on site bounded by Church St, Beresford St, Mary’s La & N King St consisting of 4-roomed houses, 3-roomed houses and...

05 December 2014

1960s – Unbuilt twin for O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald After O’Connell Bridge House was constructed in 1965 on the eastern side, it was suggested that a twin be built on the site of the Ballast Office on the western...

05 December 2014

2014 – Library, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Carr Cotter & Naessens Dlr Lexicon is a new public library for Dún Laoghaire designed to provide a new landmark between the town and coastline. The four-storey structure was built into the...

05 December 2014

1622 – Kirkiston Castle, Co. Down

Constructed in 1622 by Roland Savage, on the site of a ninth-century round tower. It was occupied until 1731, the castle is in the late medieval tower-house tradition. Parts of the bawn wall...

05 December 2014

1893 – St. John’s Point Lighthouse, Killough, Co. Down

Architect: William Douglass Constructed during the period 1892-93, replacing an older and lower lighthouse. The complex comprised of a lighthouse, 2 new dwellings, new fog-signal house, enlargement of gas plant.

04 December 2014

1878 – National Schools, Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Published in The Irish Builder, Jan 15 1878.